How to Make Donut Poppers in Less Than 30 Mins
Make soft and cakey bite-sized donuts with this recipe. It's no-bake, quick and makes about a 2 dozen donut poppers.
Makes: 2 dozen poppers
- For Donut Poppers
- Flour (maida), 2¼ cup
- Baking Powder, 2 teaspoon
- Sugar, ⅔ cup
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Milk, ½ cup
- Eggs, 3 large at room temp.
- Vanilla Essence, 2 teaspoons
- Vegetable Oil, ¼ cup
- Oil for deep frying
- Optional flavourings, 1 or 2 teaspoons (Orange zest, Lemon zest, Cinnamon)
- [i]For Chocolate Sauce[/i]
- Dark Chocolate, 60 grams
- Milk, ½ cup or 120 ml
- Orange zest peel, 2 zest peels around 3? long or similar
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate jar, mix together milk, eggs, vanilla essence, optional flavoring and oil. Whisk this mixture properly and little by little add it to the dry ingredients using a spatula or a wooden spoon. Do not over mix this batter, just mix until you see dry flour, when you no longer see flour or lumps stop mixing and proceed.
- Heat oil in a pan. You'll have a batter now, what you need to do is using your 4 fingers (ONLY fingers) scoop out the batter and release in hot oil using your thumb. If you can't get hold of this procedure, you can use two spoons, use one to scoop out the batter and other to release the batter into hot oil, what you're looking for is a ball like drop of batter. Deep fry the balls for a few minutes until the bottom side turns golden brown, when they do, turn them over and deep fry until the other side also becomes nice and golden.
- It is highly important to fry the balls in batches. You can decide the size for yourself but ideally they should be 1½ -2 inches in diameter.
- After frying the balls, transfer them to dish lined with kitchen paper to soak up the excess oil and you're done!
- To make the chocolate sauce, heat milk in a pan with orange zest peel, once the mixture reaches a boil strain the orange peel out and add in the chocolate. Turn the heat to low and let the chocolate melt, mix occasionally. Your chocolate sauce is ready to serve once the chocolate has melted and formed smooth shiny mixture. Enjoy hot over your donuts.