This unbelievably creamy “ice cream” requires only 1 ingredient and is only 89 calories a scoop! You can have this creamy soft serve like “ice cream” without the guilt that follows!
This ice cream is so creamy almost like a soft serve and so easy to make! All you need is one main ingredient and then you can play around with it the way you like. Its so simple and requires no churning or overnight freezing and is perfect for people who want to avoid dairy because we won’t use any! Yes..its hard to believe but it is possible to achieve that creamy texture without using dairy and the magic ingredient that makes it possible is FROZEN BANANA!
Frozen banana is a blessing for people who want to eat ice cream without hindering their strict diet plans. Since a banana has almost no fats, its a healthy choice, also a scoop of a normal chocolate ice cream will have about 216 calories but this magic frozen banana ice cream has only 89 calories in one scoop (pardon me if I get the calories wrong, I’m not an expert. Please consult a calorie calculator to confirm) and the best part? The ice cream doesn’t even taste like a banana! I mean there is a slight hint of it but not an overpowering flavor and that can be masked with other fruit purees. This is a win win for people on diets !
I’m in love with chocolate chips ice cream so that’s the first one I tried. It was easy breezy and in no time I had my “ice cream” ready. All you need to do is freeze a peeled banana and grind it in a food processor until it reaches a soft serve consistency, this shouldn’t take longer than 2-3 minutes for 2 bananas. And then you can add whatever flavour you like! I added cocoa powder and chocolate sauce (you can add a little caster sugar if you like it sweet) and a handful of chocolate chips and voila! I had this creamy ice cream ready. Its unreal the way the banana changes into a soft serve! Its a great way to cut down on calories and be ready with something so yummy in no time (given you have frozen bananas at hand).
RECIPE: Low Fat Chocolate Chips Ice Cream
Serves: 2 Time: 5 mins
- Peeled and Frozen Bananas, 2 large
- Cocoa Powder, 1 tablespoon
- Chocolate Syrup, 2 tablespoons
- Caster Sugar, 2 teaspoons (optional)
- Chocolate Chips, a handful
- Cut frozen bananas into many pieces and grind them in a food processor until it reaches a soft serve consistency. The bananas will take a few minutes but then they will magically transform and look like ice cream. This is how they should look 2-3 minutes into grinding.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and whizz again and you shall see it coming together. Using a spatula scrape down the sides and mix everything thoroughly.
- The ice cream will be ready now, you can add a little vanilla essence if the hints of banana flavour bother you but I love how well bananas and chocolates work!
- You can add in the chocolate chips now and serve the ice cream immediately. If you like it a little bit firmer, you can freeze the ice cream for 10-15 minutes and consume it fresh!
This ice cream stays fresh and tastes best the day it is made! Please avoid storing it. Should you have no option but to store it, please freeze it.
Write to me for any queries!