Make savory mashed potato muffins loaded with cheese for a hearty breakfast with this super simple recipe!
These soft and fluffy cheesy mashed potato muffins are easily my first choice for breakfast when I’m craving something really hearty! These savory muffins are super easy to make and are almost like throwing things together! Just mix up a hand full of ingredients and bake..the best is you can add your favourite toppings to go with it. I made these muffins with spring onions or scallions but you can easily add Jalapenos or peppers of your liking.
- • Mashed Potatoes*, 2 cups
- • Grated Cheese, ½ cup
- • Egg, 1
- • Chopped Spring Onions, 1 cup
- • Salt and pepper, to taste
- *To make mashed potatoes, boil potatoes until they're really tender, add in warm milk, melted butter and mash them until they're creamy and fluffy. For 3 large potatoes you will need about ½ up milk and 2 tbsp butter. Make sure the potatoes aren't too runny.
- Grease a muffin tray with oil and set aside. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- For the muffins: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Start filling your muffin tray with the mixture and top with cheese.
- Bake these for 35 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius or until the top is golden in color. Serve with sour cream.
Looking for similar recipes? Try these..
Write to me for any queries!