If there’s one thing that your comfort food is missing, it’s this Homemade Cheese Dip. This creamy molten cheesy goodness tastes great with almost everything and will make you go weak in the knees. Yes it’s a guilty pleasure but if you’re going to cheat on your cheat day then you might as well cheat with this. And anyway, who isn’t allowed some cheese once a month? You know your brain needs fat, right? Yes. It does. Your brain is made up of fat cells, which means it needs more fat to..you know..grow. At least that’s what I tell myself and so should you when you’re eating this. Oh and I Air Fyred the munchies so I kinda balanced the whole fat situation here. Smart, right?
A bowl full of my homemade cheese dip over nachos or as a side for your favourite munchies is exactly what happy days are made up of. Just top it up over anything and EAT IT WARM. I cannot stress this enough. It’s important to eat this dip right after you’re done making it as it will firm up because of all the cheese in it. You can re-heat the dip though so don’t worry. It’s quite easy to make and doesn’t require much time and not even fancy ingredients. Trip to the grocery store – Not needed.
- • All Purpose Flour (maida), 1 tablespoon
- • Butter, 1 tablespoon
- • Milk, ¾th cup (180 ml)
- • Water, ¼th cup (60 ml)
- • Grated Cheddar Cheese, ½ cup
- • Salt, to taste
- • Black Pepper, to taste
- • Cayenne Pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Melt butter over a medium flame. Once melted, add in the flour to it and stir until it forms a paste and becomes slightly golden in colour. This should take around a minute.
- Once the paste is ready, add in the milk and water and boil it.
- Add in the cheddar cheese to the boiling milk and let the cheese melt completely on a low flame. Keep stirring.
- Once the cheese has melted add in the salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Taste the sauce before adding them as it will be salty because of all that cheese.
- Once you've adjusted the seasoning to your liking, serve it right away along with some bread, nachos, over baked potatoes or however you like your cheese dip.
- The sauce will firm up after sometime because of the cheese. You can re-heat it over a low flame until it's creamy again. If needed add in a couple tablespoons of milk or water.
HERE ARE SOME MORE DIP RECIPE YOU MIGHT LIKE TO TRY..