The best ever recipe that makes the moistest cupcakes without using eggs and perfect chocolate on top of it! This recipe is perfect for the upcoming holiday season and is sure to become a favourite.
It has been over 2 months since I blogged and I cannot tell you how excited I am to finally be able to do it! If you’re thinking why I was away all this while it’s because I’m busy prepping for my WEDDING!!!!!! Yes…I’m getting married in less than 50 days and I couldn’t be more excited to share this news with you guys. All the shopping and prepping is super fun and all but I have to admit that I miss my old routine of developing recipes, making delicious food and taking pretty pictures but I plan on getting back full time with full on dedication after January! I promise! Until then here’s a recipe of my vanilla cupcakes with my absolute favourite chocolate frosting and SPRINKLES!
I actually made these a long time back but never really got around to editing the pictures which is why I didn’t post them. They look super pretty and I wanted them to look like it in the pictures so I took my time with them. These cupcakes are plain vanilla flavoured (which is very difficult to get right) and are so moist that they’ll actually dissolve in your mouth the minute you take a bite. Pillowy soft, these cupcakes are topped with favourite chocolate frosting made with unsalted butter and whipping cream which gives it that perfect flavour without making it heavy. So you can have 5 of these and you won’t realise it which I admit could be dangerous but considering it’s holiday season in most parts of the world I think we’re allowed to cheat a little, aren’t we?!
- For the Vanilla Cupcakes
- • Plain Flour (maida), 1 cup or 128 grams approx.
- • Softened Butter (salted), ¼ cup or 50 grams approx.
- • Caster Sugar,1/3 cup or 70 grams approx.
- • Buttermilk, ½ cup or 120ml (instant buttermilk recipe here)
- • Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- • Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
- • Baking Soda, ½ teaspoon
- For the Chocolate Frosting
- • Softened Unsalted Butter, 150 grams
- • Heavy Whipping Cream, 4 tablespoons
- • Icing Sugar, 1 cup or 110 grams
- • Cocoa powder, ⅔ cup or 85 grams approx.
- • Vanilla Essence, 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius for about 10 minutes.
- To make the cupcakes, whisk butter and sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer for about 5 minutes and longer with a hand whisk.
- Add in the vanilla extract and whisk again.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and soda directly into this mixture and mix using a spatula until combined. Do not use an electric mixer because you risk knocking the air out that you created in step 1.
- Add in the buttemilk and mix until you form a nice batter.
- Line your cupcake tray with paper liners and pour batter into them. Make sure you fill upto ¾th of the liner.
- Bake these at 180 degrees Celsius for about 15-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While the cupcakes are baking you can start preparing your frosting. Whisk whipping cream while its still chilled until you form stiff peaks, set it aside.
- In another bowl, whisk butter until nice and fluffy for about 4-5 minutes with an electric whisk. Add in the icing sugar and sifted cocoa powder and mix until combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Now add in whipped cream that you set aside previously and vanilla essence and mix for a minute. Avoid mixing too much or you risk splitting your frosting.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag and set it in the fridge to be used later.
- Once your cupcakes are done, let them cool for about 2 hours before you start piping them with the frosting. Once frosted, sprinkle some colorful sprinkles on top to make your cupcakes pretty. Enjoy!