A quick 10-minute recipe to make light and refreshing couscous salad that goes amazingly well with chicken or even on it’s own!
10-Minute Couscous Salad
A quick 10-minute to make light and refreshing couscous salad that goes amazingly well with chicken or even on it's own!
Makes: 7-8 servings
- Uncooked Couscous*, 200 grams
- Cherry tomatoes, 8-10
- Boiled Chickpeas, 1 cup
- Mixed Bell Peppers, 1 cup
- Onions, ½ cup
- Coriander, chopped for garnish
- Lemon Juice, 2-3 tablespoons
- Olive Oil, 4 tablespoons
- Cook couscous as per packet instructions and set it aside once cooked.
- Meanwhile saute onions and bell peppers in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until slightly soft. We want to keep the color of the veggies as well as the crunch so don't overcook it. Add these to the cooked couscous along with the boiled chickpeas and cherry tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and add it to the salad. Give it a good mix and toss in the coriander leaves for garnish.
- Serve warm or cold, however you prefer it.
*I used Moroccan spiced couscous by Al-Fez which is flavored with Sultanas, Seasoning (Sugar, Cumin, Paprika, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Dextrose, Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Yeast Extract Powder, Natural Flavourings, Mint, Citric Acid), and Parsley. I recommend using this over plain couscous for a tastier salad.