Make the creamiest Mango Ice-Cream at home this summer with this simple no-fuss recipe using only 3 ingredients. If you have a must-try list, this recipe should be on it!
Summer for me means mangoes. I for one devour mangoes like there’s no tomorrow and wouldn’t leave a chance to use them in recipes when they’re in season. One of the recipes that I had been longing to try is a Homemade Mango Ice – Cream. So this year I finally gave it a shot. Made using only 3-ingredients, this velvety smooth mango ice cream is the best you’ll ever have because it is packed with the flavour of fresh ingredients and nothing tops that!
All you need is fresh mangoes, condensed milk and whipped cream and we are good to go! Talk about basic, right? This dessert will make you realise that not every good dessert needs to be complicated. After all, working out in the kitchen rather than the gym doesn’t sound like a fun idea.
- Ripe Mangoes, 3 Large
- Condensed Milk, 1 can (395 grams)
- Whipped cream, 1 cup
- Chop the mangoes and blend them until you form a puree. You need about 750 ml of mango pulp for this recipe.
- Cook the pulp on a medium flame until it is reduced to half. Let it cool in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
- Pour condensed milk in a bowl and whisk lightly for a couple of minutes. Add in the cooled mango pulp and whisk until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip some cream until it forms stiff peaks. Add it little by little to the mango pulp mix until combined. This might take a little while but don’t be hard on it. Very gently fold them together so that you don’t knock out the air from the cream.
- Once mixed, pour this mix in a dish and freeze overnight.
- Your mango ice cream is ready to be served.