Learn how to make flaky Nutella Stuffed Croissants with three-simple ingredients at home with this simple recipe with pictures.
The only sin, a sweet one in that too, which finds a way to our hearts via the tongue, is without a doubt chocolate. When a dessert has chocolate on board with the ingredients, all our senses are bound to fall in love with it. Don’t fight it, it’s fated. So I am here with a 3- ingredient Nutella Stuffed Croissant recipe which will melt your heart with the gooeyness of its centre and the flakiness of its exterior.
All you need to make these Nutella Stuffed Croissants is ready made puff pastry (which is what gives them the flaky exterior), Nutella (duh) and an egg to brush them right before they go into the oven. Readymade puff pastry is what makes the whole process like a breeze and it’s readily available in gourmet super markets these days. All you need to do is thaw it before using, roll it out, drop a spoonful of Nutella and BAKE. Who knew baking croissants could be as easy as that? All thanks to puff pastry. I’ve only recently discovered it and have been going gaga over it. So far I’ve made tomato pesto tart which was a dream, and apple tarts which were to die for (coming on the blog soon), and I cannot wait to experiment with it even more!
I think I’ve said enough, so scroll down and check out this recipe! I’ve got lots of pictures to make it easier for you! Enjoy!
- • Nutella, 8-10 teaspoons
- • Puff Pastry, 250 grams
- • Egg/milk, for brushing
- Defrost puff pastry. Sprinkle some flour and roll it out on flat surface in the shape of a circle until it’s about a quarter of an inch thick. Cut it like you would cut a pizza using a pizza cutter. You should have about 8 triangles.
- Put a teaspoonful of Nutella on the thicker part of the triangle and spread it with the back of the spoon. NOTE: Do not go overboard with Nutella. If you put it in excess, it will ooze out of the sides which although is not the worst thing, but it will make your croissants look messy.
- To get that quintessential croissant shape, start rolling it towards pointy part. Pull both the ends towards each other to make a C-shape. Lift the pointy end and brush it with egg wash so that it sticks properly.
- Brush the croissants with beaten egg and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 mins or until the croissants turn nice and golden.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE TO TRY…