Make this luscious and intense Chocolate Avocado Mousse with only 4-ingredients in a mixer! It tastes exactly like a traditional mousse but is made sans saturated fats and refined sugar.
Who wouldn’t like a dessert that’s gluten-free, made with healthy fats and with absolutely no refined sugar, but still taste fantastic? Sounds like a dream come true? This Chocolate Mousse made with Avocadoes is exactly that. It is everything a chocolate mousse should be – delicious, creamy and intensely chocolaty. But this recipe unlike a traditional chocolate mousse is a whole lot healthier. I used avocadoes to make it, which as we all know are a great source of healthy fats, a little honey to slightly sweeten it and really high quality dark chocolate; which again is a great source of antioxidants, and milk to bring it all together. So if you’ve been looking for a delicious dessert that’s healthy, this Chocolate Avocado Mousse is perfect for you.
For a really long time I’ve wanted to make a healthy dessert and now that I have the Havell’s Kitchen Star to help me in the kitchen, it was the perfect time to do so. Its sharp blades made with stainless steel were perfect to blend the mousse and achieve that really creamy consistency. And the hands-free feature really allowed me to multi-task while my dessert was getting ready.
This mousse requires pulsing 4 ingredients on high until a creamy consistency is achieved; the heavy-duty motor of the Sprint 500 was perfect for it because it doesn’t heat up quickly. Just toss – dark chocolate, a really ripe avocado, milk and a little honey in the liquidizing jar of the Havell’s Kitchen Star and blend for a few minutes and voila! Your healthy yet delicious dessert is ready.
- Dark chocolate, 100 grams
- Ripe Avocado, 1
- Milk (or almond milk), ¼ cup
- Honey (optional), 1 tablespoon
- Melt chocolate in a microwave in 15-second intervals. Keep mixing between each interval. Once done, set it aside and let it cool down slightly.
- Scoop out the flesh of an avocado and toss it in the liquidizing jar of the Havell’s Sprint 500. Pulse on high for about 2 minutes or so. The heavy-duty motor of the Sprint 500 really allowed me to pulse without stopping. It doesn’t heat up quickly which is great.
- Stop, scrape down the sides and add in the milk and honey, and pulse again.
- Blend until everything is properly combined and you form a smooth mousse.
- Spoon mousse in serving cups and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.