This Pistachio and Boondi Cheesecake is the ultimate Diwali dessert. Its loaded with pistachios and has a layer of crumbled boondi ladoo in the centre to seal the deal making it the perfect fusion Indian dessert.
A very Happy Diwali to all my lovely readers!
I’ve been in true Diwali spirits throughout the month and I did a lot of recipes only for Diwali, like my Chocolate, Walnut and Coconut “Ladoos”, Cardamom and Maple Cake, and this Gulab Jamun Ice Cream Cake, but this Pistachio and Boondi Cheesecake tops it all off. This simple No-Bake cheesecake is just the dessert if you’re looking to impress your guests. It’s a great melange of flavours, and the Indian fusion flavours make it a hit with almost everyone! If you’re in the mood to embrace this festive season then get your ingredients ready and make this No-Bake Boondi and Pistachio Cheesecake! P.S. This recipe was even featured on NDTV Goodtimes as a special Diwali Feature.
- Digestive Biscuits, 12-14 pieces
- Butter, 4 tablespoons (melted)
- Cream Cheese, 180 grams
- Whipping Cream (sweetened), 1 cup*
- Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- Chopped Pistachios, ⅔ cup
- Boondi Ladoo, 4-5 (crushed)
- *If you don't find sweetened whipping cream add ½ cup icing sugar to it.
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a food processor until they turn into a fine powder. Add the melted butter and pulse again until they're completely mixed. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Take a 7" springform tin and transfer the crushed biscuit mix to it. Using the back of a glass or a spatula flatten the mixture until you form a nice flat base for the cheesecake. Freeze it for 15 minutes while you get the rest of the stuff ready.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese for a couple of minutes on low speed. Make sure the cream cheese is cold.
- In another bowl, whisk the whipping cream until stuff peaks form. If you're going to add icing sugar to your whipping cream (in case you don't find sweetened cream) now is when you should add it and whip for quick 15 seconds.
- Start adding the whipping cream to the cream cheese little by little and mix lightly using a spatula. Add in the vanilla extract and ½ cup chopped pistachios to this and mix until they're distributed evenly.
- Take out your tin from the freezer, pour half your cheesecake batter into the tin and spread evenly. Layer it with the crushed boondi ladoos. Flatten them using your hands or the back of a spoon.
- Next, pour the remaining cheesecake mixture on top of the boondi mix and smoothen it out using a spatula. Finally layer it with the remaining chopped pistachios and refrigerate for atleast 4 hours before serving.