The perfect Valentines Day breakfast recipe, these red velvet pancakes are fluffy and delicous, and topped with the best cream cheese frosting in the world.
Hey guys! Valentines Day is just around the corner and what better way to surprise your partner than a delicious breakfast in bed? This is what I’m treating my husband with this V-Day- Red Velvet Pancakes with the most gorgeous cream cheese frosting ever. These fluffy and light pancakes are eggless and I made them using lactose free yogurt (you can substitute it regular greek yogurt). But the cherry on the cake is the cream cheese frosting/drizzle that takes these pancakes to the next level, and you into heaven.
This frosting is inspired from a classic cream cheese frosting but is thinned down with milk to make it more drizzle-friendly. You could also use lactose-free yogurt in place of the cream cheese, just make sure you drain the water out of it by tying it in a muslin cloth and hanging it for atleast an hour.
Your partner will love you for these and you can thank me later!
- Flour (maida), 1 cup or 128 grams
- Cocoa Powder, 1½ tablespoons
- Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
- Melted Butter, 3 tablespoons
- Yogurt, 2 tablespoons (I used Lactose Free Artisinal Curd by Epigamia)
- Caster Sugar, 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla Essence, 1 teaspoon
- Buttermilk (or milk), 1 cup or 240 ml
- Red Gel Food Colour, 1 tablespoon
- Drizzle (optional):
- Cream Cheese, ¼ cup
- Milk, 4 tablespoons (or as needed)
- Icing Sugar, 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla essence, 1 teaspoon
- In a bowl, whisk melted butter, yogurt, caster sugar and vanilla essence until properly combined.
- Sift flour and baking power into it. Add in the buttermilk little by little (reserve about a tablespoon to be used later).
- Next, mix the red food color with the reserved buttermilk and cocoa powder. Add it to the batter and whisk it until you get a smooth batter.
- Heat a non stick pan upto medium heat and then lower it. Grease it with butter before getting started.
- Start pouring about ¼cup of batter per pancake. Let it cook on very low heat to avoid browning. Once the bottom side looks cooked, flip it. Do not wait too long or it will turn brown.
- Let the other side cook for about a minute too before you take it off heat.
- Take a bowl, add the cream cheese (Room temp), icing sugar, vanilla essence and milk. Whisk them until you achieve a drizzling consistency.
- Stack your pancakes, and using a spoon or a piping bag drizzle the cream cheese frosting on the pancakes. Serve with some fresh strawberries!
MORE VALENTINES DAY RECIPES :