Make this delicious and creamy No-Bake Blueberry Cheesecake in a matter of minutes with my easy recipe.
One of the desserts that make everyone go weak in the knees is a good ‘ol slice of Blueberry Cheesecake. I rarely ever eat desserts when I’m eating out (my house is almost all the time filled with them), but when blueberry cheesecake is on the menu, it’s hard to say no! And I’ve been eating them out for ages now so it was about time I made one at home and developed my own recipe.
I love eating and making cheesecakes mostly because they’re so easy to make. Just like my other cheesecake recipes this one too is No Bake, and is definitely one of the most luscious cheesecakes I’ve ever have. This No bake blueberry cheesecake is ready 15 minutes and since I use a readymade blueberry pie filling for the top, it involves a lot less work than any other cheesecake I’ve ever made. Ofcourse you can choose to make your own blueberry topping, there’s plenty of recipes on the internet, but if you can find a cheaper, quicker and easier alternative, then why not? Other than the blueberry pie filling this cheesecake is basic – cream cheese, whipped cream, and vanilla for the batter; biscuits and butter for the base. You only need these handful of ingredients and 15 minutes to make your favourite dessert.
- Digestive Biscuits, 12-14 pieces
- Butter, 4 tablespoons (melted)
- Cream Cheese, 180 grams
- Whipping Cream (sweetened), 1 cup
- Icing Sugar, ¼ cup (if it's not sweet enough for you make this ⅓ cup)
- Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- Blueberry Pie Filling*, 1 cup
- Gelatin Powder*, 1 teaspoon
- Water, 2 tablespoons
- Crush the digestive biscuits in a food processor until they turn into a fine powder. Add the melted butter and pulse again until they're completely mixed. The mixture should resemble wet sand.
- Take a springform tin and transfer the crushed biscuit mix to it. Using the back of a glass or a spatula flatten the mixture until you form a nice flat base for the cheesecake. Freeze it for 15 minutes while you get the rest of the stuff ready.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream cheese for a couple of minutes on low speed. Make sure the cream cheese is cold.
- In another bowl, whisk the whipping cream until stuff peaks form. Add icing sugar to your whipping cream and whip for quick 15 seconds or until its combined.
- Add the whipping cream to the cream cheese and whisk again until properly mixed. Add in the vanilla extract.
- Take out your tin from the freezer, pour your cheesecake batter into it and spread evenly. Refrigerate it while you make the blueberry layer.
- In a bowl, mix gelatine and water, set it aside for at least 10 minutes or until the gelatine blooms i.e. swells up. Microwave this swollen gelatine mix for quick 10 seconds or until its completely dissolved, mix it with the blueberry filing in a bowl.
- Next, take out your cheesecake and spread the blueberry filling over it. Cover and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours before serving.
- Serve chilled with some fresh blueberries on the side.
2. If for some reason you cannot use gelatine, then just spread the blueberry pie filling directly on top of the cheesecake right before serving. It's thick enough and will hold shape.
some more no-bake cheesecake recipes