The best ever No-Bake recipe, this Chocolate Truffle Cake is the most decadent dessert you’ll ever taste. The best part – it’s really easy to make, eggless and takes only 20 minutes!
I have finally made the best no-bake chocolate dessert ever that’s also eggless. This No-Bake Chocolate Truffle Cake is the most decadent dessert you’ll ever taste. If you love chocolates, this will quickly become your go-to dessert because it the simplest thing to make. The great thing about this chocolate truffle cake is that it takes only 20 minutes to prepare, after that you just have to set it in the refrigerator and let the cool air do its job. Once set, a slice of this oeey-goeey chocolate goodness will transport you to heaven, I promise.
The recipe is fairly simple with digestive biscuits as a base but there’s some cocoa powder in there too to add to that chocolate flavour. You could definitely use Oreo cookies instead of digestives, they’ll definitely look better but don’t forget to take out the cream centre if you’re going to do that.
The main part is the actual body of the “cake”. It’s mainly the reason why I love this cake so much. To make the body you just have to make a ganache which is just chocolate, cream and butter. Now because this cake is 50% chocolate, you must make sure that you use really high quality dark chocolate because that’s what you’re going to be tasting in the final product. If you use cheaper chocolate or a compound chocolate you’ll really notice it in the taste.
Also this was my first time making chocolate curls y’all! Are you impressed? I am! This was truly an accident, I had some dark chocolate in the pantry drawer and I wanted to do some chocolate curls. Now because I’ve failed in the past I didn’t really expect anything to happen but it was my lucky day! I realised I had been doing them wrong. I always used to start with cold chocolate and because of that it wouldn’t curl, but this time because my chocolate was already room temp I had no problem curling it with a simple kitchen knife. I think I’m going to do a small tutorial on it but that’s for another time. Right now you should head to the kitchen and look for the ingredients and start making this best ever no bake chocolate truffle cake, that will quite literally make you fall in love with it!
- Digestive Biscuits, 12 pieces
- Cocoa Powder, 1½ teaspoons
- Melted Butter, ¼ cup
- Heavy Cream, 3 cups or 720ml (see notes)
- Butter, 2 tablespoons
- Dark Chocolate (chopped), 2 cups or 350 grams
- Cocoa Powder, for dusting
- Chocolate curls (optional)
- For the base, blitz together biscuits, cocoa powder until they turn into a fine powder. Next add in the melted butter and mix until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Transfer this to a loose bottom/springform tin and using the back of a spoon or spatula flatten the mixture to make a nice smooth base. Refrigerate this while you make the rest of the cake.
- Pour the cream and butter to a pan and heat them until the butter melts and the cream reaches a slight boil. Note it should not boil completely, just a simmering boil.
- Transfer the chopped chocolate to a large bowl (make sure its finely chopped) and pour the hot cream over it. Let it sit for a few minutes, and then mix using a spatula or a whisk.
- Once you have a glossy mixture free of any air bubbles and chocolate chunks, pour it over the biscuit base from step2.
- Refrigerate it overnight.
- Once cool, take the chocolate truffle cake out of the pan and dust it with some good quality cocoa powder. I like to decorate it with some chocolate curls but that's optional.
- Serve cold.