The perfect Eggless recipe with the freshness of rose petals and the spiced flavour from the thandai powder is all you need this summer.
Summer time calls for refreshing flavours and this time I’ve come up with this easy and eggless Thandai Rose cake recipe. This best ever recipe that just calls for simple ingredients like yogurt, milk , flour , sugar and some nuts and is just the cake you would want to have with your masala tea. What’s unique about this dessert is that I’ve just used 2 tbsp of oil which makes it the best tea time treat and low fat at the same time. The crunchiness from the pistachios and the fresh aroma from the dried rose petals are just the perfect combination for this dessert.
Perfect for summers and yet healthy at the same time. You have a winning dessert ready!
- Flour (maida), 1½ cups
- Caster sugar, ¾ cup
- Baking powder, 1¼ teaspoon
- Cardamon powder, ¼ teaspoon
- Thandai Powder, 2 tablespoons
- Yogurt, 1 cup
- Milk, 6 tablespoons
- Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- Rose Essence, ½ teaspoon
- Refined Vegetable Oil, 30 grams or 2 tablespoons
- Dried Rose Petals, 2 tablespoons
- Pistachios (chopped), ¼ cup
- Some rose petals and pistachios for the top
- Preheat your oven at 160 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, caster sugar, baking powder, cardamon powder and Thandai powder. Mix well until everything is properly combined.
- In the same bowl, add yogurt, milk, vanilla essence, rose essence and mix again.
- Pour 2 tablespoons or 30 grams of Refined Vegetable Oil to the batter along with chopped pistachios and dried rose petals, and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour this batter in a 5 inch round cake tin lined with parchment paper. Top with some more chopped pistachios and rose petals. Bake for 35-40 mins at 170 degrees Celsius in a preheated oven.
- Serve warm with tea or coffee.