Learn how to make these crispy Garlic Puffs packed with roasted garlic flavour and the goodness of butter. Sprinkle it with some fresh parmesan cheese and you have a crowd pleaser!
If you’re a finger food munchie, I’ve got just the right recipe for you today! My absolute favourite – Garlic Puffs. These small and flaky puffs are a great addition to your finger food menu. They make for a perfect evening snack simply because they’re easy to maker and ready in a jiffy.
The best thing about these puffs is that they take very little time to prep and bake, the base is store bought puff pastry which is readily available and easy to work with, so all you gotta do is defrost it, roll it out, brush it with some garlic butter and bake for 8 minutes until they’re nice and golden.
Sprinkle some grated parmesan on these, garnish with chopped parsley for an aromatic flavour and texture and serve with some garlic butter on the side!
- Puff Pastry
- Garlic Bulb
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Melted Butter
- Parmesan Cheese
- Start by roasting the garlic bulb. To do that chop of the head of the bulb (the pointy end) and lay it on a baking sheet. Drizzle some olive oil so that it covers the entire build, sprinkle some salt and pepper and grill it in the oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees celsius. Once done, take it out and let it cool down completely.
- Once the garlic is cool, using a small fork or your hands squeeze out the garlic from its skin and mix in with some melted butter in a bowl. Keep aside to be used later.
- Next, roll out the store bought puff pastry on a well floured surface until its about ¼th of an inch thick, cut the excess pastry on the sides to form a neat rectangle.
- Using a pizza cutter or a really sharp knife, cut out 2-inch long rectangles or diamond shapes out of the puff pastry. Line these on a baking sheet and brush them with the melted butter and garlic mix generously. Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Bake them for 8-10 minutes at 180degrees celsius or until they're golden and puffed up.
- Sprinkle some grated parmesan on top.
- Serve with some garlic butter on the side.