Recipe for super easy Nutella Brownies made with only 2 ingredients with pictures! Try it out and make gluten free brownies in no time!
When you read the heading I’m sure you were all like..how is that even possible? I was skeptical too when I read the recipe at The Kitchn but I gave it a shot anyway and to my surprise, it worked! This recipe calls for only two ingredients – eggs and Nutella. That’s it. Nothing else! It’s almost revolutionary and perfect for people who feel baking is a tedious process.
Don’t ask me how I got these fudgy, rich, almost too chocolaty brownies from just two ingredients because I have no idea. The folks at The Kitchn are still trying to figure it out. It’s a mystery and a good one at that! The best part is they’re gluten free so everyone can enjoy them!
You start with 3 eggs and you whisk them for good 8 minutes with a hand or stand mixer. They’ll turn lemony in color, will triple in size and start to resemble foam. That’s when you know they’re done. I wouldn’t recommend you to use a hand whisk because that might take you ages, and if the eggs aren’t really foamy the brownies will taste eggy so use a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
Get your equipments ready and bake these beauties!
- • Eggs, 3 (at room temp.)
- • Nutella, 1 jar (350 grams)
- Start with eggs, it's important that they're at room temperature because cold eggs won't whisk properly. If your eggs are cold, you might wanna wait for sometime or put them in warm (not hot) water until they come down to room temp.
- Whisk the eggs for atleast 8 minutes using a hand mixer, on a stand mixer 6 minutes should be enough. This is how your eggs will look when you start whisking.
- And this is what you're aiming for. Airy, tripled in volume, light lemon colored eggs.
- Once your eggs are done, start with the Nutella. You need a full 350 grams jar. Transfer the Nutella to a microwave safe bowl and microwave it for a minute. Keep stirring in 15 second intervals. After a minute, your Nutella will be warm and creamy which will make it easier for you to mix it with the eggs.
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Add the warm Nutella, 1 tablespoon at a time, into the eggs. Keep whisking. The volume of the eggs will go down so don't panic. Once you've mixed all the Nutella, mix again using a spatula to make sure everything is properly combined. This is what your final batter should look like.
- Transfer this batter to a baking tray. I used a 9"x 6" tray. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius and check for doneness by inserting a skewer or toothpick. If the skewer comes out clean it means your brownies are done, if it comes out with batter on it, bake for another 5 minutes and test again.
- Please remember that baking time depends on the thickness of your brownies, so if you bake this batter in a smaller tin it will take longer to bake. Start with 20 minutes and adjust the timing after the first test. Keep checking for doneness every 5 minutes.
- Once the brownies cool down, cut them in squares and serve!
Write to me for any queries!
Looking for more brownie recipes? Try these..