This summer try my recipe for a simple Greek yogurt dip – Tzatziki! It light, creamy and fresh..perfect with fresh vegetables or crackers!
What if I told you, you can make something Greek with ingredients that in your refrigerator right now. Ingredients that you probably overlooked as being too simple or too common..well, my recipe for this Greek Tzatziki dip is going to use just those ingredients! It’s as simple as 1,2,3 and takes about 10 minutes in total. It fresh, light and goes great with fresh vegetables, over meats or with crackers! For this dip you need: yogurt, cucumber, garlic, olive oil and lemons..yes just that. So get them ingredients ready and make this dip already!
- • Strained Yogurt (hung curd), 1 cup
- • Olive oil, 2 tablespoons (or mayonnaise; using mayo is not traditional but works well)
- • Grated Cucumber, 1
- • Lemon juice, 1 teaspoon
- • Grated Garlic Cloves, 2
- • Salt and Pepper, to taste
- • Dill, Parsley or Coriander, chopped
- In a bowl mix yogurt and olive oil until you get a creamy consistency. Add the remaining ingredients and adjust the taste as per your liking. Serve with carrots and cucumbers or crackers. This dip goes well with lamb dishes as well.