Believe it or not, making restaurant-style salsa at home is actually really easy! Try my simple recipe and whip up a batch of the best tasting salsa in town with nothing but a handful of ingredients and a blender.
Have you always wondered how restaurants make their salsas? What makes it taste so good? And how you can do the same at home? Well, today I’ll tell you how. My restaurant-style blender salsa tastes just like the one you get at restaurants except it’s less tart, more flavorful and really fresh. You wouldn’t want to order it again once you know how easy (and cheap) it is to make at home. Go one step further and make your own tortilla chips at home too, they’re easier than you think! (Recipe here)
My recipe for restaurant-style salsa is a one blender recipe which means you don’y have to worry about chopping fine little perfect pieces, just throw everything in a blender and blitz. A minute later you have the perfect tasting salsa ready! You can have it immediately but I would recommend making it in advance to let the flavours marry..a few hours minimum!
- • Fresh Tomatoes, 5-6 medium
- • Coriander, ¼th of a bunch
- • Pickled Jalapenos, 8-10 slices
- • Onion, ½ (preferably red)
- • Garlic, 2 cloves
- • Caster Sugar, ½ teaspoon
- • Salt, ½ teaspoon (or to taste)
- • Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon
- • Lemon Juice, 2-3 teaspoons (or according to taste)
- Start off by boiling your tomatoes in water for a minute. Once done, take them out and transfer into a bowl of ice cold water. Once the tomatoes have cooled down, take their skins off.
- Transfer all the ingredients including the tomatoes to a high power blender and blitz them up until you reach your desired consistency. Adjust the taste according to your preference and let the salsa rest in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
HERE ARE SOME MORE DIPS THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO TRY..