These Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks are loaded with roasted garlic flavor and are topped with two types of cheeses. Try making these if you’re looking for the ultimate comfort food.
Have you ever made something and made it again and again and again and wondered if you’ll ever get sick of making it? I have…with these Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks. These little calorie loaded babies taste like heaven in your mouth and with a little butter… Like Moksha! I’ve made them a gazillion times and I can proudly say a) I haven’t screwed them up EVER. b) I’m still not sick of them.
These little strips of cheese laden garlic breads are so delicious that if you make these once in your lifetime, you’re going to think of the way they taste almost every day…for the rest of your life. Now, you might think I’m overselling these but I AM NOT. These Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks are seriously the real deal… the one-and-only…the ultimate thing and I promise you’re going to LOVE me for prompting you to make these. Making these Cheese Garlic Breadsticks will be one of the The Best Decision of your life. If you’re calorie conscious or have recently gone on a diet, you might want to switch off your computer RIGHT NOW and not return to it for sometime because Heaven comes at a price, and the price here is…Your Waistline. I’m not fussy about what I eat (thank god for my genes, I never put on weight) so I’m good with these but if you’re not, you know what to do. 😉
The base of my Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks is my All Purpose Pizza Dough that you can use to make almost a dozen things. It’s easy to make but does take a little time. But can I just say… it’s totally worth the wait. If you get your dough right, you’ve won the battle so make sure you read this recipe carefully. Learn how to make the dough and get started with my Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks asap!
- • My Pizza dough, ½ portion
- • Garlic bulb, 1 whole
- • Olive oil, 2 tablespoons (for roasting the garlic)
- • Salt and Pepper, to taste
- • Butter, 3 tablespoons, melted
- • Mozzarella Cheese, 1 cup, grated
- • Parmesan cheese, 2-3 tablespoons (optional)
- Pizza Dough: Get your pizza dough ready. Get the recipe for my pizza dough from here. You’re going to need only half of it so freeze the other half and use it later.
- To Roast the Garlic: Cut off the top part of a garlic bulb (the hairy part; the one that holds the garlic cloves together) and lay it on a baking tray. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper onto it and Grill/Broil (only top rod on) in an oven for 20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (No preheating is required).
- Once your garlic is roasted, take it out and peel it once it’s cool enough to handle.
- The insides will be really soft, chop them finely and mix with your melted butter in a bowl and set aside.
- Assemble: Line a baking tray with parchment/butter paper or foil.
- Flatten out your pizza dough with hand or rolling pin until half an inch thick and lay it on the baking tray. Brush the melted butter garlic mix over it until the dough is covered completely. Don’t leave out the sides. Sprinkle salt and pepper and bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Once the bread is baked, take it out and cut into strips with a pizza cutter. Now put all the garlic bread strips together and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over it. Keep your baking tray on the top most shelf of your oven and Grill/Broil (only top rod on) the bread for 5-10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Take out the bread once your cheese is nice and golden. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and Enjoy!