An easy-to-follow recipe to make stuffed mushrooms loaded with cheese. This ultimate appetizer is a great party food and is really easy to make.
This really simple recipe to make Cheesy Stuffed Mushrooms is a family favourite and gets polished in no time. I love making it because it’s not just easy but really quick to make as well. Plus it’s a great party food, just serve it as an appetizer and wait to hear rave reviews about how good a cook you are. These stuffed mushrooms loaded with mozzarella cheese take about 40 mins in total to make which includes prepping time. Plus you don’t even need many ingredients. It’s one of those dishes that you don’t need much prep for, and not even a recipe. Just work with your instincts and you’re good to go! Who knew making comfort food that tastes divine could be so simple?
- • Button Mushrooms, 18-20 medium sized
- • Onion, 1 large (chopped)
- • Garlic cloves, 2-3 (chopped)
- • Bell peppers, 1 medium (finely chopped)
- • Mozzarella Cheese, ½ cup grated
- • Salt and pepper
- Start by cleaning your mushrooms. To do that take a damp kitchen towel and clean the top part of the mushrooms. Remember to take a moist cloth not wet. Remove excess water before cleaning.
- Next, remove the stems of the mushrooms by twisting the top slightly. Chop the stems up into fine pieces and set aside to be used later. Coat the mushroom caps with oil and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 10 mins.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan heat up some oil and saute garlic in it until golden and fragrant. Add in the chopped onions and cook until translucent in color. Next, add in the bell peppers and mushroom stems, and fry them.
- Once the mushroom stems are tender season your stuffing with salt and pepper and let it cool slightly. Once cool mix in ¼ cup of cheese in it.
- Next, stuff the caps with stuffing and top with some more grated mozzarella.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Serve immediately.