These moist vanilla cupcakes bursting with fresh cherries and overload of chocolate chips are the perfect muffins to bake this cherry season. Get your hands on a box and start baking.
I have a new motto in the kitchen these days – Eat Fresh and East Local. I’m really trying to cut down on junk and most importantly try and eat what’s fresh and in season, because I read somewhere that it’s always best to use a fruit in it’s prime season so now that cherries are in I knew I had to bake with them, mainly because I bought two boxes and I didn’t want them to go to waste 🙂 Chocolate was no-brainer so I just used my very basic vanilla muffin recipe and added these to it. The result- moist, fluffy, and full of flavour muffins that are just perfect for breakfast everyday. Just grab one and get out!
- • Softened Butter, ⅓rd cup or 75 grams approx.
- • Caster Sugar, ⅓rd cup or 65 grams approx.
- • All Purpose Flour (maida), 1¼th cup or 150 grams
- • Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
- • Baking Soda, ½ teaspoon
- • Salt, ½ teaspoon
- • Buttermilk, ½ cup or 120 ml (Recipe here)
- • Vanilla Essence, 1 teaspoon
- • Cherries, 1 cup (pitted)
- • Chocolate Chips, ½ cup
- Preheat oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and keep aside to be used later.
- In another bowl, whisk butter and sugar until lighter in color and fluffy. The sugar should combine completely with the butter, this will take about 5-10 minutes. Finally mix in the vanilla essence.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients little by little and keep adding the buttermilk slowly until you form a wet batter. Mix only until you no longer see dry flour. And only use a spatula to mix, NO whisk.
- Add in the the pitted cherries and chocolate chips to the batter and mix until evenly dispersed.
- Fill the muffin liners until ¾th full and bake for about 15-20 mins at 180 degrees or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool down for atleast 10 mins before taking them out.
cherry and choco chips muffins without cherry and chocolate chipss … WOW
Radhika Malhotra says
Hi Shaina, that was an error. Rectified now.
Urvashi Gupta says
Hi Radhika! These Muffins sound splendid and I really want to make them. Did you use fresh cherries? Or can I use tinned cherries for these?
Also didn’t the cherries sink after baking?