Try this simple recipe and make silky soft chocolate crepes filled with whipped cream and strawberries that taste like no dessert you’ve ever had!
If you’ve been looking for a recipe to impress someone this Valentine’s Day then this is it, these silky soft crepes will melt anyone’s heart and will surely win you brownie points! I’m not a romantic but that doesn’t mean I can’t help all you romantics to make your V-Day special, right? These silky soft crepes are just so perfect to end your day with and are oh so easy to make. Have them filled with whipped cream or some Nutella and bananas..they taste equally good either way!
- For the crepes
- • Flour, ½ cup or 65 grams
- • Cocoa Powder, 2 tablespoons
- • Caster Sugar, 5 tablespoons
- • Egg, 1
- • Milk, ½ cup + 2 tablespoons (155 ml approx)
- • Vanilla Essence, 1 teaspoon
- • Melted Butter, 2 tablespoons
For the filling
- • Whipped Cream
- • Strawberries
- • Chocolate Chips
- • Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
- In a bowl, whisk together egg, melted butter, milk, vanilla essence and caster sugar for about 2 minutes. Add in the flour and cocoa powder little by little and mix it in.
- The batter will be runny. Let it rest for 20 minutes before cooking.
- Brush a pan lightly with butter and heat it on medium flame. Once the pan is medium hot, pour ¼ cup of batter on it and immediately start spreading the batter by twisting the pan in circular motions to make thin crepes. You have to do this quickly otherwise the batter will start to cook and won’t spread. Make sure the crepes are thin.
- After a little while you will start to notice little bubbles on top of the crepe, flip the crepe once the bottom side is light brown in color and cook the other side until it has evenly browned too.
- Take the crepe off the heat and let it cool slightly before spreading with whipped cream, chocolate chips and fresh strawberries. Now fold the crepe twice so as to make a triangle (like in the picture). Drizzle the crepes with chocolate syrup and finally top with some freshly whipped cream, strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Serve for dessert! 🙂
Looking for similar recipes? Try these..
Write to me for any queries!