A quick recipe that makes super-healthy chocolate and walnut “ladoos” with coconut, perfect for this festive season! These ladoos are gluten-free, sugar-free and fat free!
Diwali is a time when we all binge eat and hog on desserts! We let loose and by the time the festive season is over we have piled on kilos and regret eating all that in the first place. If this sounds like you you have got to try my chocolate walnut and coconut ladoos this season. They are super healthy, made with dates, walnuts, almonds and coconut. They’re gluten-free, sugar-free and fat-free. Dates are naturally sweet which is why you don’t have to add any sugar but if you’d like to make them sweeter, add in a little honey.
These ladoos are also the perfect gift this Diwali season, you can gift them as is or gift the ingredients in a jar with the recipe tied to the neck of the jar with a ribbon. Your friends will bless you for this!
This recipe was also featured in The Hindu (Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore and Hyderabad) on 9th October 2017.
- Kimia Dates, 1 cup (pitted)
- Walnuts, 1 cup
- Almonds, ¼ cup
- Cocoa Powder, 2 tablespoons
- Desiccated Coconut, ½ cup
- In a high power mixer, grind walnuts and almonds until they turn into a powder.
- Next add in the dates, 1 tablespoon coconut flakes and cocoa powder into the mixer. Grind again until everything is properly mixed and a dough is formed.
- Take about a tablespoon of dough in the palm of your hands and roll it in the shape of round balls.
- Next, roll the balls in the remaining coconut flakes and refrigerate for atleast an hour before serving.
[…] in true Diwali spirits throughout the month and I did a lot of recipes only for Diwali, like my Chocolate, Walnut and Coconut “Ladoos”, Cardamom and Maple Cake, and this Gulab Jamun Ice Cream Cake, but this Pistachio and Boondi […]
[…] CHOCOLATE WALNUT COCONUT “LADOOS” – ENERGY BALLS […]