This thin crust Margherita Pizza with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese is the ideal dinner. Try this recipe with plenty of visuals and make perfect pizzas at home.
Making pizzas at home intimidates a lot of people..and by a lot I mean A WHOLE LOT! People are so scared of making doughs and I fail to understand why. I mean I do understand why, because there was a time when I couldn’t get myself to do it too but once I tried it, I realised I was a fool for not trying it sooner. Pizza doughs and garlic breads doughs are quite similar to making breads so if you get hold of one, you’ll make the others quite easily. My first successful attempt with yeast was with these Twisty Garlic Breadsticks, It’s a recipe by Sally’s baking Addiction and I’ve since adapted it to make my Cheesy Garlic Breadtsticks, my Pizza Rolls, my Wholewheat Calzones and my Classic Veggie Pizza. I mean it’s seriously easy to make them and if you still can’t get yourself to get up and try..why don’t you check out my detailed post on How to Make Pizza Dough at Home? I’ve got so many visuals that even a first timer will not feel scared of making pizzas after reading that.
My detailed post about making Pizza Dough at Home will clear any doubts that you may have. Don’t read this recipe or any recipe that requires you to use yeast until you’re done reading that because it’ll be easier to connect the dots after. Trust me, this will be easy peasy once you understand How To Work with Yeast and I’m pretty sure you’ll thank me for writing such a detailed post. Once you’re done with the dough, you’re going to want to get started on Making Pizza Sauce at Home which is another recipe that I have written a post about, you can read the recipe of my Pizza Sauce here.
Yes, I made the pizza sauce at home too. This pizza is made entirely from scratch, each and everything that you see there is homemade. Except for the mozzarella and basil leaves of course. I have this thing for homemade food and I’ve recently gone crazy with it (I sometimes think about making my own mozzarella, crazy much?) Yes, homemade everything means more time, more effort but it also means MORE TASTE and who can say no to more taste, huh? I make my own sauce but if you’re not feeling as enthusiastic as me, you can just use the store bought one. Other than that the recipe is quite straight-forward, but if there are parts that you don’t understand please check out my Classic Veggie Pizza recipe. I’ve covered all the steps in that one with visuals. And of course, if you have any more issues that you need answers for you can write to me, anytime! 🙂
- • Pizza dough, ¼th portion (recipe here)
- • Pizza sauce, 6-8 tablespoons (recipe here)
- • Mozzarella Cheese, 7-8 slices
- • Basil leaves 6-7
- • Olive oil, for brushing
- • Cornmeal, for dusting
- Please learn how to make pizza dough here. I have step-by-step instructions with pictures to help you understand better.
- Once your dough is ready, take ¼th portion of it and shape it into a ball. You can freeze the rest of dough if you don't want to use it now. Freezing instructions are at the end of that post.
- Sprinkle flour on your kitchen shelf to prevent your dough from sticking to it. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until its about ⅓rd of an inch thick. Using two fingers, pinch the sides so that they’re lifted (this is what will make thick edges and give it that pizza look). Now using your finger tip, poke the pizza base and make holes on it until its covered with them.
- Brush the pizza base with olive oil and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- (For step-by-step visual instructions of these steps go to this recipe, I have lots of pictures to help you understand better.)
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 10 minutes.
- Spoon the pizza sauce all over the base and arrange the fresh mozzarella slices over it.
- Bake this for 25 minutes on the lowest rack at 180 degrees.
- Cut your pizzas in slices and garnish with some basil leaves on top!
- Enjoy your pizza hot!
the pizza recipe is very interesting and nice….I will surely try to make it up this weekend as i am very fond of pizza…thank u for the recipe…keep posting with lots more….
Hi Shreya! Hope you tried these..would love to hear your views 🙂