The ultimate comfort food..these baked potatoes loaded with mozzarella cheese and sweetcorns will transport you to your happy place! Extremely easy and completely satisfying, try these out today !
Want to be transported to your happy place? Eat these. My Corn and Cheese Baked Potatoes can the grumpiest person happy. Extremely satisfying, these potato shells are perfect on their own or a side dish. Nothing beats the satisfaction you feel after eating these ooey gooey cheesy potatoes, so eat these when you’re feeling down and they surely will lift your mood! This is not the quickest recipe but definitely the tastiest and good taste comes at a price, here the price is time. They need no watching over, just pop these in and go read a magazine, they’ll be ready in an hour and 15 minutes.
- • Potatoes, 4 large
- • Olive oil, 2 tablespoons
- • Hot Milk, 4 tablespoons
- • Melted butter, 3 tablespoons
- • Mozzarella cheese, ¾th cup grated
- • Sweet corns, ½ cup (preferably canned)
- • Seasonings (salt and pepper)
- • Dried Chives, 3 tablespoons (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Wash your potatoes and massage them with olive oil. Once your potatoes are covered with oil, prick them using a fork multiple times. This is necessary for the steam to escape.
- Bake these potatoes in a preheated oven for 1 hour 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
- Once your potatoes cool down a little after baking, cut them length wise and using a spoon, scoop out the insides of the potatoes. You will be left with potato skins that will act like shells for the filling.
- To prepare your filling, mash the potatoes you scooped out in the above step. Mix in melted butter, hot milk and mash again using a fork until the potatoes are nice and fluffy and everything is completely combined. This should take around 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the mozzarella cheese to the mashed potatoes and reserve some to sprinkle at last. Add your seasoning, sweet corns and dried chives and mix again.
- Preheat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes again.
- Take the mashed potato filling and spoon it back into the potato skin shells until completely full. Spoon in a little extra filling on top for that mounted look. Top with the mozzarella cheese that you reserved and sprinkle dried chives.
- Bake the potatoes for 25 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. And enjoy!
Looking for similar recipes? Try these..
Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
Tomato and Cheese Muffins
Cheese and Jalapeno Muffins
Thanks Nidhi! Hope you try them soon 🙂