Try this easy-to-follow recipe and make a comforting bowl of my Mac and Cheese in a jiffy! Okay first of all, sorry for all the cheesy recipes these days. Its just that I love cheese and I love it more than a hot body, so I really don’t care. I know a lot of you nice people do but I just don’t have that will power. Cheese makes me go weak in the knees!
So after researching a bazzillion recipes on the internet, I took bits and pieces from every one of them and from my Homemade Cheese Dip, and that’s how my Mac and Cheese was born. This recipe is really easy, and quick. So if you’re hungry and in the need of soul food, make this. You won’t be disappointed.
- • Pasta, 1 ½ cup
- • All Purpose Flour (Maida), 1 tablespoon
- • Butter, 2 tablespoons
- • Milk, 1 cup or 240 ml
- • Water, ½ cup or 120 ml
- • Cheddar Cheese, ⅔rd cup
- • Salt And Pepper, to taste
- • Cayenne Pepper, 1 teaspoon
- Boil 500 ml of water with 2 teaspoons of salt. Once boiling, throw in the pasta and cook as per the instructions on the packet.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the butter . Melt it on medium heat. Once melted add in the flour to it and cook it until the flour is slightly pale in color. It shouldn't change it's color drastically, but very mildly.
- Add in the milk and ½ cup water and bring this mix to a boil. Add in the salt, pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Finally add in the cheddar cheese and let it melt on a low flame. Cook this cheese sauce until the cheese melts and the sauce is almost thick.
- Add in the boiled pasta to this and adjust seasoning, if needed. Enjoy!
Looking for similar recipes? Try these…
Creamy Mushroom pasta
Roasted Red Pepper Pomodoro Pasta
Spaghetti with garlic, olive oil and chilli flakes
[…] EASY MAC AND CHEESE […]