An easy recipe that makes rich, dense and incredibly moist Chocolate Cake. This chocolate cake serves as quick fix to your gluten free cravings. Gooey from the inside and crunchy on the outside serves the combination for this cake.
All chocolate lovers will go weak in the knees if you try this flourless chocolate cake recipe. Its super rich in flavour and gives a wonderful texture when its baked to perfection. A delicate crust with fudgy and moist centre is all you need when you dive into this delicious dessert.
With just a handful of ingredients you have a quick gluten free dessert ready!
Flourless Chocolate Orange Cake
Recipe type: Easy
Makes: 9" inch cake
- Butter, 6 tablespoons
- Chocolate, 226 grams
- Eggs, 6
- Sugar, ½ cup or 170 grams
- Instant Coffee, 1½ tablespoons
- Salt, a pinch
- Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- Orange Zest, of one orange
- Fresh Orange Juice, 2 tablespoons
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius and brush an 8" sprigform tin with butter.
- In a bowl, melt chocolate and butter in a bowl over a double boiler or in a microwave over 15 second intervals, once completely melted mix them properly so that they're combined. Set aside and let it cool down.
- Next, separate the eggs. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks sugar, vanilla, instant coffee mixed in 2 tablespoons of water and salt until they're fluffy. Add in the chocolate mixture to this slowly until you have a smooth mixture.
- Now whip your egg whites until they have tripled in size and are almost foamy, start adding these egg whites to the chocolate mixture little by little. Mix the fist batch properly before adding the next.
- Add in the orange zest and juice, mix them in too. Pour them in the prepared tin and Bake for 40 mins at 160 degrees celsius.
- Serve with some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and some chocolate glaze.
Leave a Reply