A simple summer treat, this Frozen Mango Yogurt is really easy to make and is the best way to eat this summer fruit.
I’ll be honest, I wasn’t a huge fan of frozen yogurts until a few months back. Turns out I was choosing the wrong flavours and toppings. Yogurt with chocolate chips or caramel isn’t my thing, so I tried mango yogurt at Red Mango once with lots of berries and fresh fruits and I was blown away. If there’s a right way to eat frozen yogurt, it’s the natural way..with lots of fruits! So naturally I gave it a shot at home, I made vanilla frozen yogurt and it turned out fab. But the addition of mangoes to it was what took it another level. This frozen mango yogurt is sweet (but not in an overpowering way) and tastes great on it’s own or with fruits. It’s actually really easy to make and you can get that almost creamy consistency like the one at fro yo stores. Now I won’t tell you it’s exactly like one you get at the store but it’s the freshest, free of any preservatives and closest alternative to the store bought version. So get your ingredients ready and make it before mangoes run out!
- • Mango, 1 large*
- • Fresh Greek Yogurt, ½ cup
- • Caster Sugar, to taste**
- *Cut the mango into small cubes and freeze them.
- **I added about 2 tablespoons but it really depends on the sweetness of the mangoes.
- Blend the frozen mango cubes in a powerful blender until smooth. This could take a little while as blending frozen mangoes isn't an easy task. Once smooth add in the remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth and combined.
- Taste and adjust the sugar. If you want you can also adjust the amount of mango and yogurt depending upon your taste.
- Freeze the yogurt once blended, and consume when chilled with fresh fruits.
Looking for similar recipes? Try these…
LOW FAT CHOCOLATE CHIP ICE CREAM (ONLY 1 INGREDIENT)
I happen to read your blog and really like to try Frozen Mango Yogurt, only problem is that Greek Yogurt is not easily available in market over here so if you can share some info regarding how to make that at home it will be very useful. Tried searching on internet but couldn’t get the proper one.
Radhika Malhotra says
Hi Samkit! Greek yogurt is just hung curd, so hang your regular yogurt in a muslin cloth for a few hours and use as directed. 🙂
Thank you! Will try to make it 🙂
I tried this recipe for a quick family dinner dessert. I didn’t want anything heavy or unhealthy. Safe to say I’ve found my new favorite dessert 🙂 and like red mango I gave them a varied option of toppings. Yayyy! You’re a hit! Thank you so much.
Radhika Malhotra says
Hi Sapna! Thank you so much! So happy you found your new fav dessert on my blog ☺️ What flavours did you try? I’m so curious to find out!