A simple recipe to make frozen strawberry daquiris at home in no time! It’s fruity, zingy and sweet, just how we girls like our cocktails! Save this one for a girls night in 🙂
Who doesn’t love a good cocktail and if it comes with strawberries..I’m all set for a good night! This frozen strawberry daiquiri is great to make on a girls night in and I can assure you that all your girls are going to love it even the ones who detest the taste of alcohol, I swear. It’s made of real strawberries (no flavour) so it tastes every bit fruity and not at all artificial. I froze the strawberries before adding them so I got the really nice crushed ice texture, do not skip this step, I promise you’ll feel you’ve been rewarded for your patience once you taste it. There are a lot of party places in Delhi but when I do feel like going out and experiencing the nightlife in Delhi there are only a handful of places that I absolutely love. Social offline is great for cocktails, and so is PCO, Hungry monkey and Fio but my current favourite has to be Farzi Cafe with it’s innovative drinks like Chuski Margarita and Santa Banta. Well, it was after a night at Farzi Cafe that I decided to whip up some delicious cocktails and as a result made this ever so delicious Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri.
This Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri tastes every bit fabulous as it looks..and you must must must give it a shot! Now, the only downside to this is, because this cocktail is frozen you cannot make it beforehand. You’re going to have to make it on the spot, but that could be fun, right? Play bartender for the night, shake up some drinks, I’m sure you’ll love it! Just get the ingredients ready – freeze your strawberries, juice your lemons and you’re all set to go!
- • Frozen Strawberries, 8-10 (preferably ripe; take fresh strawberries and freeze them until rock solid)
- • Sugar Syrup, 3-4 tablespoons
- • Lemon Juice, 1 tablespoon
- • Vodka, 30 ml (or more if you prefer)
- • Ice cubes, 5-6
- • Club Soda*, 60ml
- • Salt and Lemon Wedge, for rimming
- *Daiquiris are tradionally not made with club soda but I add some to thin down my cocktail, you can skip it if you like.
- Prepare the glasses by moistening the rim with lemon juice. To do so, rub a lemon wedge on the rim of the glass and then dip the glass (rim side down) on a plate sprinkled with lots of salt. The salt will instantly stick to the moist rim and a perfectly rimmed glass will be ready. Set the prepared glasses aside.
- In a blender, mix the sugar syrup, lemon juice, and vodka. Add in the frozen strawberries and ice blend until the ice is crushed and so are the strawberries. Taste and adjust lemon juice and sugar syrup as per your taste. If you need more vodka, add more now along with the club soda.
- Mix the cocktails and pour in the prepared glasses! Finally..enjoy!
Looking for similar recipes? Try these…
Kiwi Basil Lemonade
Apple Ginger Lemonade
Write to me for any queries!
You can connect with me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for regular updates.
Vinny Grette says
I think the girls might like the cocktail I just posted today, as well 🙂 – sweet, sour, creamy and even packing some nutrition! – https://cookupastory.wordpress.com/2015/03/03/frozen-blue-cocktail-of-the-hour/
Vinny Grette says
Just happened to have some strawberries on hand – Yum, yours is GREAT 🙂