Try my easy recipe that makes the flakiest Cherry Pie that’s perfect for this holiday season! Read this post to know all there is to know about making pies!
The season of cheer is here! It goes without saying that I’m a huge of fan of Christmas and everything that it represents. For me its all about warm desserts, everything covered beautifully in red, mulled wine (YUM!), and the Christmas decorations ! But what I love most about Christmas is the food, and how everyone keeps coming up with amazing recipes perfect for the festive season. Wherever you look on social media, you’ll find some great ideas, and my contribution to this season is this perfect looking, juiciest, flakiest Cherry Pie that fails any pie you’ve ever made or eaten.
Like I have mentioned before, the secret to making a good pie is a perfectly baked pie crust. Before you get started with this recipe, you must must must read my post on making the flakiest pies here. It has everything you need to know to make a pie crust that’ll put even the seasoned pie makers to shame. Once you’ve mastered the crust, you can go crazy with the filling. Choose what your heart desires and go for it. I went with a readymade cherry pie filling for this recipe which is the sure shot way to make the best tasting pies in a jiffy! Once you have your crust ready, all you need to do is fill it up with the filling, cover the top and bake. I did a lattice top which is soooo simple to do, read my post here to know how you can make it quickly and beautifully. It makes your pies look super professional!
Another challenge that stops people from attempting to make pies at home is uneven cooking. A simple trick to monitor and manipulate the browning of your pie, is to cover the parts that have too much colour. So what I do is I cover the edges with foil midway so that they don’t brown too much. You can also brush the crust lightly with milk before popping in the oven for a golden upper crust.
Keep these little pointers in mind and try it out this recipe. Don’t worry if this is your first pie, I promise you that once you taste it, you will never go back.
Let’s wait no more and get started!
Try my easy recipe that makes the flakiest Cherry Pie that's perfect for this holiday season! Read this post to know all there is to know about making pies!
Makes: 1 pie
- All Purpose Flour (maida), 3 cups
- Caster Sugar, 6 tablespoons
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Chilled Butter, 1 cup (cubed)
- Chilled Water, ½ cup
- Cherry Pie filling*, 1 can
- Cinnamon powder, ½ teaspoon
- Coarse Sugar, to sprinkle
- Milk, for brushing the top
- Start by making your pie crust. Follow my recipeherewith pictures to make the best ever crust.
- Once your crust is done, line it in a pie dish carefully and fill it up with the cherry pie filling. If you wish to make the filling from scratch you can follow the recipe here.
- Cover it up with a lattice top, learn how to make that here. Bake the pie for 35 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
- While the pie is baking, make sure to stop midway around 20 minutes and cover the edges with foil to prevent excess browning.
Leave a Reply