A little bit of summer – this Lemon and Blueberry Loaf Cake is delicious beyond words. Try it when you’re feeling gloomy and it’ll surely cheer you up!
Winter is coming – and no I’m not talking about Game of Thrones. I’ve never liked summers “the weather” much but I like everything summery, the dresses, the vibrant colors, the food and especially the daylight #FoodBloggerProblems. So to wear off all that gloominess that this winter month brings, I decided to bake something flavourful and what’s better than some lemon cake with berries? This Lemon and Blueberry Loaf Cake with that tangy lemon glaze is perfect for gloomy days..I promise it’ll cheer you up in an instant.
- • Flour, 250 grams or 2 measuring cups
- • Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
- • Sugar, 150 grams (mix of white and dark brown or light brown)
- • Softened Butter, 125 grams
- • Eggs, 2 large
- • Lemon Zest, of 2 lemons
- • Lemon Juice, 2 tablespoons
- • Milk, 150 ml
- • Vanilla Essence, 1 teaspoon
- • Blueberries (fresh or frozen), 1 cup
- • Loaf tin, 22 cm
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees. Butter your tin and line with parchment/butter paper.
- Sieve flour and baking powder and mix it properly. Set it aside to be used later.
- Whisk together butter and sugar until pale yellow. In a separate jar, whisk together milk and eggs.
- Add the flour mix little by little to the butter+sugar mix. Simultaneously, keep adding the milk+eggs milk little by little too, so that that it forms a batter. By the end of this process, your flour mix, milk+eggs mix and butter+sugar mix should have formed a smooth batter.
- Add in the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla essence to the mixture to the batter. Make sure its not too liquidy. Finally add in the blueberries and mix to evenly disperse them.
- Bake at 160 degrees for 35 minutes or until just golden on the top. Insert a skewer and if it comes out clean then your cake is ready!