These Mini Puff Pastry pastries make delectable tea-time treats. These light and flaky pastries are topped with berries and a cream cheese filling to die for.
These simple puff pastry tarts are my go-to for hi-teas at home. I love making these simply because they’re so easy to make and quick. If you have readymade puff pastry available, these will take less than 30 minutes to come together. Making tarts at home isn’t something a lot us look forward to, especially the ones that involve making puff pastry at home. There’s a lot of prep involved, too much time spent cooling it and laminating it. Which is why I love using store bought puff pastry. It’s easily available and so simple to work with!
All you need for these mini tarts is a some handful of assorted berries, my simple cream cheese filling for the top and puff pastry. For the store bought puff pastry, You should simply defrost it and roll it out to your desired shape. I had a lot of fun experimenting with different shapes. I tried the windmill and diamond which are both, as difficult as they may look, are rather easy to do. You too can try these, Here are the directions:
Once you’ve rolled out pastry into your desired shape, all you gotta do is top it up with my cream cheese frosting. For that I combine some cream cheese and icing sugar together with a hint of vanilla. That’s it! Just spoon it in the centre of the rolled out pastries, top it with some berries and finally, sprinkle some sugar crystals for a little caramelisation before baking and voila, you have these mini treats ready in 10 short minutes! These sweet treats are extraordinary for a nice English breakfast or even hi teas at home.
- Puff Pastry
- Cream Cheese, ½ cup
- Icing Sugar, ¼ cup
- Vanilla, ½ teaspoon
- Assorted Berries, ½ cup
- Egg, 1 (For egg wash)
- Sugar, For the top
- Make the cream cheese topping by mixing the soft cream cream, icing sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Mix until you no longer see lumps of icing sugar and the topping smooth and creamy.
- Roll out the puff pastry while its still cold in between two sheets of cling film or on a silicon mat until it's about ¼ th of an inch thick.
- Cut out the pastry in your desired shape and spoon the cream cheese topping in the centre. Top it with the berries of your liking.
- Next brush the top with some egg wash and sprinkle lots of sugar on top. Make sure you use sugar with bigger granules.
- Bake these at 180 degrees celsius in a preheated oven for 8 minutes or until they're light golden and well risen.
- Serve immediately with some cream cheese filling on the side.
Leave a Reply