My favourite recipe that makes super fudgy and eggless Oreo Brownies to die for!
For me, chocolates always work as a remedy for a good and bad days. No matter what I’m going through, a good slice of a chocolate cake or brownies does wonders for my mood, as it does for most of you too I’m sure! My favourite thing to bake is my super fudgy chocolate brownies because they’re ready in a jiffy, but a lot of you guys requested me to do an eggless version of the same so I did, and after much research and trials I can safely say I have developed a recipe that I’m going to treasure for years to come.
These decadent brownies are studded with Oreo cookies which just lifts the entire mood. They look fabulous and taste amazing. The great thing about this recipe is that it’s ready in almost 30 minutes including prep and it’s a one pot recipe. So just put all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix them in. You actually don’t need a recipe for this! Its great if you have a spontaneous afternoon tea or a dinner to host, this one pot recipe will always impress your guests.
For this eggless recipe I’m using condensed milk as an egg substitute, for brownies I feel condensed milk gives that fudginess that everyones always looking for, plus it lends a great flavour too. I also add a mystery ingredient- coca cola to the recipe. I’ve been adding it to my brownie recipes for years and I absolutely love it. I learnt this trick in a workshop I attended some 10 years back and I still follow it. Coke lends a great colour, slight sweetness and a puff to the recipe. In case you’re wondering if the flavour from coke will be evident, then the answer is no, it will not come through at all.
- Butter, ½ cup or 115 grams (SEE NOTES)
- Dark Chocolate, 300 grams (SEE NOTES)
- Caster sugar, ½ cups or 100 grams
- Condensed Milk, 200 grams
- Milk, ½ cup or 120 ml
- Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- Coca Cola, ½ cup or 120 ml (SEE NOTES)
- Flour (maida), 1½ cups or 190 grams approx.
- Cocoa Powder, ½ cup or 65 grams
- Baking Powder, 1 teaspoon
- Oreo Cookies, 7-8 pieces
- *For measurement related queries SEE NOTES
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking tray with butter and line it with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, melt butter and chopped chocolate in microwave until melted completely. Make sure you stop the microwave after every 15 seconds to stir them to avoid the chocolate from burning. It would be great if both chocolate and butter are at room temperature before you begin.
- Once melted, add caster sugar, condensed milk and milk to the same bowl and whisk them in. You don't need a mixer for this recipe, use a hand whisk. On an electric mixer, keep it on very low speed.
- Once these are mixed, add in the vanilla, followed by the dry ingredients (flour, cocoa and baking powder) and finally the Coca Cola.
- Whisk everything until you have a smooth batter. Pour this into your prepared tin, and line the top with Oreo cookies. I usually place them about 1-1.5 inches away from each other so there's plenty of room in between for me to cut my brownies into equal squares.
- Once done, bake these brownies in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for 20-25 minutes or until the top looks cooked. If you insert the skewer at this point it will come out wet because of all that melted chocolate but that's okay. If your tin is smaller and your brownies deeper, you'll have to bake them longer.
- I used dark chocolate by Amul for this recipe and it worked really well. You can use Callebaut, Morde's, dark chocolate chips or Lindt.
-By Coca Cola I'm referring to the soft drink. It's a great addition to the brownies, gives them slight sweetness, a little height, and great color. Don't be afraid to use it. You will not taste it.
Use US standard measuring cups for all measurements in this recipe.
If you're wondering why all the ingredients aren't same in weight measurements its because, every ingredient weighs differently. 1 cup sugar is heavier than 1 cup cocoa powder.
Mrs. C says
This recipe sounds neat. I want to try it out and am wondering, is the condensed milk sweetened or is it not?
Radhika Malhotra says
It is sweetened 🙂