Learn how to make Piñata Cupcakes with a hidden surprise inside that’ll lift your mood instantly with my easy recipe! These vanilla cupcakes are topped with my favourite buttercream frosting and filled with lots of sprinkles inside.
Hi guys! Sorry for being MIA for a few days! I’ve been creatively uninspired and whatever ideas I was coming up with felt forced and not ME. So when that happens, I head to Pinterest for inspiration. After aimlessly scrolling for hours I came across these beauties- little Piñata Cupcakes with a hidden surprise in the centre. I was instantly drawn to them and knew I had to do a version for you guys!
These Piñata cupcakes, as the name suggests, have a hidden surprise in the centre. When you cut these open you should have a centre filled with sprinkles and candies that will instantly lift your mood! These cupcakes are super fun to make and are ideal for gender reveal parties. But don’t restrict yourself! Serve them up for kids birthdays or theme parties; and fill em up with candies and sprinkles that match with the theme.
Fo this recipe, I’m using a boxed cake mix (which I do the I’m in a hurry, don’t judge 😉 ) to make them but you can use my Vanilla Cupcake Recipe if you wanna make them from scratch ( which is always a great idea) and I’ve topped it with my favourite buttercream frosting made from scratch. This buttercream is smooth and creamy and the fluffy. Took me 3 tried to get it right and I’m so happy I finally did! I love adding a bit of color to my buttercream frosting to match my sprinkles but feel free to skip this step and keep it plain if you will.
- Vanilla Cupcakes
- For the Frosting:
- Unsalted Butter, 200 grams
- Whipping cream, 4 tablespoons
- Icing Sugar, ½ cup
- Vanilla Extract, 1 teaspoon
- Sprinkles or candies, ⅓ cup
- Cupcake Corer or Melon Baller
- Make your vanilla cupcakes using. a box mix or from scratch and let them cool down completely.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, make your frosting. In a bowl whip unsalted butter at room temperature until light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and icing sugar and whip again until smooth.
- In another bowl, whip the cream until still peaks form. Add it to the butter mix and whip again until everything is combined and you have a smooth and fluffy frosting.
- If you want to add color to your frosting, now is the time to do so.
- Fill a piping bag with a 1M nozzle with the frosting and keep it aside.
- Now to assemble the cupcakes, first take out the core of the cupcakes either by using a cupcake corer or melon baller. Don't go too deep. Remove the centre and fill the hollow part in the cupcake with sprinkles or candies of your liking till the top.
- Next, pipe the frosting on the cupcakes and decorate with more sprinkles.
Leave a Reply