Try my easy-to-follow recipe and make delicious and creamy Potato and Chickpea Salad at home in no time!
Every now and then I hear about a new place opening up but only recently I’ve seen a lot salad bars in Delhi popping up! Thank god for places with healthy food in Delhi like Lean Chef, TLC Kitchen and Salad Chef, I can now enjoy good food without the added calories! If you visit these places you’ll be surprised to see how they turn something high cal into something really healthy and trust me they don’t just sell salads, they’ve got desserts too! So it’s not a punishment to eat at these places but rather a delight! Being a food blogger sounds all fancy and people are all like “OMG you’re so lucky, you get to eat all the food” but they forget what that food is doing to my waist! So today I thought of rustling up a really quick recipe of my favourite salad with Potatoes, Chickpeas and Spinach.
Now the dressing is a mix of mayo, Tahini and hung curd so I won’t say it’s entirely healthy but it’s a great light salad that’s really creamy and delicious! The dressing is to die for and the flavours are pretty much Indian, so I’m sure you’ll find the ingredients in your kitchen. So gather your tools and get started!
- For the salad
- • Boiled Chickpeas, 1 cup
- • Boiled potatoes, cut into chunks, 3 small (Make sure you don’t boil them too much, they shouldn’t be too mushy.)
- • Blanched Spinach Leaves, ⅓ cup
- For the dressing
- • Mayonnaise, 4-5 tablespoons
- • Tahini Dressing, 2 tablespoons
- • Hung Curd, 2 tablespoon
- • Salt and Pepper, to taste
- • Cumin Powder, 1 teaspoon
- • Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 2-3 tablespoons
- • Minced Garlic, ½ teaspoon
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under “for the dressing” in a bowl. Once mixed, add in the boiled chickpeas, boiled potato chunks and blanched spinach. Make sure the dressing covers everything. Chill the salad before serving and enjoy!
Looking for similar recipes? Try these..
Spicy Mango Salad
Sweetcorn and Pasta Salad
i cant find tahini dressing anything i can use in exchange???
Radhika Malhotra says
Hi! Not really. If you can’t find tahini dressing, just use tahini paste with lemon juice and yogurt. Or make tahini paste at home (it’s fairly simple, google the recipe.) 🙂