Healthy doesn’t necessarily mean boring! Try this delicious double layered Raspberry and Chocolate Chia Pudding that’s loaded with nutrition and is great for breakfast or a quick snack!
I’m a Pinterest addict and at least a couple hours of my day are spent browsing recipes on it. It’s a great place to know what the trends are and what’s new in food world. And no matter when you go online you’ll come across at least 5 recipes with chia seeds in them, most of them chia puddings! This super food is taking the world by storm and every blogger has their version of it. And why wouldn’t they! These seeds are so versatile that you could find a 10 different ways to use them in a single day, the most famous being chia pudding which is great for a quick snack or dessert! So, on my usual Pinterest frenzy when I came across this really great recipe by Maria Ushakova I knew I had to do my version of it. She has 4 variations but I loved the double layer concept, and raspberry and chocolate in my books is always a winning combination.
Who says you have to pick one when it comes to health and taste? When it comes to chia seeds, you can actually have both. I loved making this pudding, and it made me feel especially good because it was completely guilt-free. I used honey instead of sugar, which made it healthier. I did however use semi-skimmed milk, but you can easily replace it with skimmed milk or almond milk if you wanna go one step further. This pudding will taste great no matter what. Oh, and if you’re keen on making another version of it, try my Mango Chia Pudding which is equally good, and since mangoes are in season you owe it to yourself to try it at least once!
All you have to do is mix all the contents with pureed raspberry and cocoa powder separately and cover them with cling sheets and leave them overnight in the refrigerator. You will know they are ready when the chia seeds are swollen. Just scoop some chocolate chia pudding in a glass, followed by some raspberry pudding and you’re done!
This overnight pudding is the perfect dessert, highly nutritious, and a great source of fiber and did I mention it’s are GLUTEN FREE !!! Make it the night before for a quick and healthy dessert.
- • Chia seeds, 4 tablespoons
- • Milk, 2 cups
- • Honey, 4 tablespoons
- • Cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon
- • Raspberries, half cup (pureed) (you can use frozen raspberries too)
- • Vanilla essence, 2 teaspoons
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence and cocoa powder in a cup of milk. Mix and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence and pureed raspberries in the remaining cup of milk. Mix and set aside.
- Cover both the bowls with cling film and set in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Once the chia seeds are swollen you know your pudding is ready. To assemble, spoon come chocolate chia pudding and top it with a couple spoons of the raspberry pudding.
- Top with fresh raspberries and serve.
Leave a Reply