Try this extremely simple recipe and make spaghetti with garlic, olive oil and chili flakes. This dish is perfect for dinners especially when you’re too tired to cook!
You’re starving and you don’t know what to eat. You have limited ingredients at hand and limited skills too..what do you do? You make this Spaghetti with Garlic, Olive Oil and Chili Flakes aka Spaghetti Aglio E Olio (it’s name in Italian). It’s my favourite thing to eat after I come back from work or even on a Sunday afternoon for lunch. You don’t need fancy ingredients to make this which is honestly the best part. A handful of ingredients and you have a hearty meal ready. Sounds too good to be true? Try it for yourself and tell me what you think.
You may have noticed that I have been extremely irregular with my posts these days..from 3 recipes a week to 3 a month, October has just been extremely crazy. I was swamped with work and when I didn’t have work, I just wanted to eat and sleep. I cannot count how many times I’ve made this Spaghetti this month. If you’re on my Instagram you may have seen videos and pictures of this one quite often. It’s so easy to make that I don’t even mind making it after a long tiring maddening day at work. My go-to dinner recipe! I used to be obsessed with Spaghetti Pomodoro but ever since I’ve made this one it’s become my favourite. I know I say that a lot but this one really is. I’m a sucker for easy dinner recipes like a lot of people and swear by this one. When I tried this Italian dish at a restaurant a few months back I had no clue something SO good could be SOOO easy to make. When I googled the recipe it was as easy as boiling pasta and tossing it in olive oil, really. It’s crazy we pay money for something we can make at home in under 10 minutes, yes 10 and with 6 ingredients which BTW include spaghetti too. Crazy, right?
If you’re a complete amateur in the kitchen, this one’s for you. Try making this super delicious yet super easy Spaghetti with Garlic, Olive Oil and Chili Flakes and you will fall in love with it, I promise!
- • Spaghetti, enough for one
- • Water, 500-600 ml
- • Olive Oil, 3 tablespoons
- • Butter, 1 tablespoons (optional)
- • Garlic Cloves, 5-6 chopped
- • Chili Flakes, 2 teaspoons
- • Salt, to taste
- • Parmesan Cheese, to sprinkle over top
- Boil water with a teaspoon of salt in a large pot. Once boiling, toss in the spaghetti and cook it 1 minute less than what the packet says. Sieve out the pasta once done, but reserve the water. The water has starch that help make the sauce thick.
- In a pan, heat olive oil and butter on medium flame. Add in the chopped garlic when the oil and butter are almost heated up. Keep the flame on medium (never high) and slightly brown the garlic.
- Once the garlic is golden brown in color and fragrant, toss in the boiled spaghetti to this. Add about ¼ cup of pasta water that you reserved earlier. Season with salt and sprinkle chili flakes, a little bit of parmesan cheese over it. Cook on low flame for a couple of minutes and serve.
Looking for similar recipes? Try these..
Mushroom Stuffed Ravioli with Tomato and Basil Sauce
Sweet Corn and Pasta Salad
Aruna Panangipally says
Simple and delicious spaghetti!
Agree! Its my favourite. 🙂 have you tried it?
Aruna Panangipally says
Yes. Several times. 🙂
Julie is HostessAtHeart says
Simple, flavorful and delicious!