This really simple Chocolate Ice Cream Cake with Swiss Rolls all around is a treat for sore eyes and tastes as fabulous as it looks! It looks super fancy but is actually the easiest dessert to put together.
I’m a cookery show buff, I can watch them for hours and not complain. Especially if Rachel Allen, Nigella Lawson or Jamie Oliver is on. I mean the colors, the food, the humour, everything is so in point in their shows. No wonder my favourite TV channel is TLC. So a few days back when I was watching Lorraine Pascal’s show, I saw her make this absolutely beautiful BUT ridiculously easy ice cream cake. I could’s believe how easy that cake was and how gorgeous it looked. So I gave it a shot and oh my god..it turned out exactly how Lorraine promised. AMAZING.
This cake is basically just ice cream enveloped in pretty swiss rolls. You can just buy swiss rolls from any grocery shop (and they’re quite easily available) and get on with making this cake. Just make sure to use your favourite ice cream as a filling because this cake is all about the ice cream. I love everything chocolate so I naturally went with Mocha Almond ice cream but you can choose what you like. In fact you can even make this cake with a vanilla filling swiss roll and fill the centre with vanilla or cookies and ice cream. Make it your own! 🙂
- • Chocolate Swiss Rolls, 2 packs
- • Chocolate Ice Cream, 1 liter or 1000 ml
- • Sprite, ½ cup (to brush on top of the cake)
- • One large glass bowl
- • Some cling film
- *You can choose any flavour of ice cream or swiss roll.
- Keep the ice cream on the kitchen shelf and let it come down to room temp. You need the ice cream to be soft (not melting) for this ice cream cake.
- Next, cut up your swiss roll in equal ½-inch slices. You'll need about 14-16 slices depending upon the size of your bowl.
- Line a glass bowl with cling film. Make atleast 3-4 layers, this will make taking the cake out easier. Make sure you leave at least 3-4 inches loose on the edges to make it easier for you to pull the cake out.. DO NOT skip this step.
- Next, line the swiss rolls in the bowl close to each other. Break a few swiss rolls to fill any holes. Once your swiss rolls are lined properly and you can't see any holes, brush them with sprite. This will moisten the cake and prevent it from drying out.
- Once that's done, pour the soft ice cream in this bowl.
- Cover the top of the bowl with some more cling film and freeze until set.
- Once your ice cream is solid, take the cake out with the cling film and invert it onto a cake stand. Remove the cling film and serve the cake.
TLC is my fave TV channel too! I can watch it for hours without getting bored. This cake looks amazing. It’s hard to believe so little effort goes into making it.
Hi this cake looks amazing n is soo easy..
But I hav a doubt what is sprite?
Radhika Malhotra says
Hi Avneet! Sprite is Sprite- the drink! The one from Coca Cola 🙂