This is the best Hot Chocolate you’ll ever have!
Winters are almost over, spring is here, the days are longer and I don’t have to layer up on clothes anymore. Life seems great already! I understand how dull the idea of hot chocolate might sound at this time of the year but who can control cravings!? When you get one, you have abide by it. So after watching Nigella Lawson whipping up some french toast and bundt cake all I could think of was the comfort of the masses ~ CHOCOLATE. The easiest and fastest thing that I could do was hot chocolate and I did..only the BEST VERSION of it.
Hot chocolates are easy and you can make it the way you like. This recipe is the way I make my hot chocolate. Plain, Simple and Deviously Tasty! I’ve used cinnamon but you can use orange zest too which comes out beautifully, another flavor you can add is nutmeg. A lot of people like nutmeg but I’m not one of them so I skip where ever I can, if you don’t detest it the way I do include just a pinch of it to your hot chocolate. I’ve also added a teaspoon of coffee to bring out the chocolate flavour (only a teaspoon doesn’t give out coffee flavor, so you can proceed without worrying that your hot chocolate might taste coffee like. However, if you want it to taste like coffee or better yet like Mocha add a big tablespoon. That should do the trick for you and make it a mocha hot chocolate for you.
Serves : 2
Time: Roughly 10 minutes
- Milk, Full Cream or Whole, 1 1/2 cup (or 360 ml)
- Cinnamon, half a stick
- Dark Chocolate, 50 grams
- Instant Coffee Granules, 1 teaspoon
- Dark Brown Sugar, 2 teaspoons
- Fresh Cream, 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla Essence, 1/2 teaspoon
- Chocolate Chips
- Cocoa Powder
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Heat milk in a pan on low heat with the cinnamon stick until it is about to reach a boil.
- Add in all the ingredients except vanilla essence and stir until the chocolate melts on low heat.
- Once the chocolate has melted, take the mixture off the heat and add in the fresh cream and vanilla. Whisk this mixture for a minute and serve hot with marshmallows, chocolate chips and cocoa sprinkling. You can also serve with whipped cream with sprinkling of cocoa.