Sugar & Spice by Radhika has a brand new website with lots of new features. Read this post to know what’s new to make navigating my blog easier for you!
In case you’re wondering this cupcake is my most favourite – Lemon Cupcake with Strawberry Frosting and it has nothing to do with my new blog :p
Okay! So if you’re a regular on my blog or follow me on my social media accounts you know by now that I have a brand new blog. It’s cuter, better performing and definitely easier to navigate. Why did I switch? Because after a year of blogging that seemed like the next logical step. I was bored of my last blog and quite frankly it just wasn’t professional enough. So it was time for a change!
The new sugarnspicebyradhika.com has some new and some old (but useful) features and to take advantage of them completely I decided to do this post. So let’s start by what’s new –
- NEW CATEGORIES: Apart from posting new recipes I will also be posting about two new categories – DIY and Tips and Tricks. There’s not much there right now because I’m going to post content from now on but you can go the title bar (top part of the website on laptop OR “Navigation” on mobile sites and iPad) and click on them to have a look.
- RECIPE INDEX: I have a full page dedicated to recipes, here you can view thumbnails of each recipe which makes it easier for you to locate them. Or if you’re feeling bored you can just aimlessly browse this page to make up your mind about what you’re going to make next! Recipe index is located on the title bar or if you’re using an iPad or mobile phone, in the navigation panel.
- RATINGS: You can now rate my recipes! If you scroll down to the end of a recipe, right next to the comment section you will find a small little space where you will be able to give my recipes stars out of 5. Once you’ve tried a certain recipe and if you’re happy with it (I hope) rate it! Be kind, okay? 🙂
- SUBSCRIPTION: Okay this is not a new feature but is important. On the sidebar aka the right panel of my blog where you can see my social media buttons and me..just scroll down and right below the Instagram slider you will see a subscription box. Enter your email ID and whenever I post a new recipe, you will get it straight to your inbox. Now even if you miss my post on Facebook or Instagram..you won’t miss the recipe! If you subscribe to my blog you will also get a monthly emailer with details about my most popular post in that month. Pretty neat, right!? Oh and P.S. I won’t bug you with spam emails so don’t be afraid to enter your details. 🙂
- POSTING FREQUENCY: I will be posting 6 times in a week now which will be a mix of 3 recipes and 3 DIY/Tips & Tricks posts. I’ve got plenty of amazing things planned to stay with me on this, okay? 🙂
- RESPONSIVE BLOG: My blog adjusts itself to the device you’re using so whether you’re using a laptop or an iPad or a mobile phone doesn’t matter. You will see a different and an optimized version everywhere! P. S. I kinda like the laptop version the best though. 🙂
- HOW-TO-BLOG SERIES: I’ve been blogging for over a year now and I enjoy it to the core..and I want to share whatever little knowledge I have with all you people who want to blog but are just intimidated by the thought of all the technicalities. From setting up a blog for the first time to choosing what camera to buy, I’ll try to help as much as I can in this monthly series.
- MEET RADHIKA: Finally..I’ve updated the”Meet Radhika” page so go and have a look! Don’t forget to say hi!
So guys, that’s it for now! I genuinely hope you enjoy my new blog and my new posts! Tell me what you think about it..<3 If you have any post suggestions, leave them in the comments below and I’ll be sure to include them in my list 🙂
Lots of love,
Great work with the Blog Radhika!
Radhika Malhotra says
That you so much Apeksha! <3